Amplify Your Talent + Love What You Do
Advance your career with an advantageous resume that helps you win the next role
My goal is to offer job seekers a unique combination of marketing communications excellence and professional development coaching that helps elevate your strengths, differentiate your skills, boost your confidence and get the interview.
A winning resume is concise, impactful, memorable, authentic, accurate, perfect and tailored to the role you’re applying for. It goes beyond merely listing the history of your roles and accomplishments to reveal who you are and what you excel at. It “talks the talk” of the position you are applying for, prompting screeners and hiring managers to place your application in the “YES” folder. Above all, your resume is a marketing document that advertises you and your professional qualifications, instills the belief that you will be an excellent fit, and opens the door to an interview.
The goal of this service is to give you a winning resume. As part of the process, you will also deepen your awareness of your strengths and gain clarity in your professional direction. Through a collaborative partnership, we will generate a foundational suite of materials including: 1) PROFESSIONAL RESUME designed in my best-practice template; 2) PROFESSIONAL BIO that tells a strategic story about your experience in a single page, highlighting key strengths and achievements; and 3) a keyword-optimized experience summary for your LINKEDIN PROFILE.
How it Works: 3-Step Process
- You share background materials to help build my understanding of you. This includes your existing resume and up to 3 job descriptions. In some cases I may ask you to complete a brief questionnaire that I will share once we engage.
- We meet for a 90-minute conversation about your goals. We’ll discuss your career trajectory, next steps, strengths and skills, and review your current resume and aspiring role job descriptions. This gives me an opportunity to ask questions and further clarify information.
- I strategically craft your resume and you provide feedback to my drafts through email until it’s perfect and we both love it. The intent of this work is to bring you and your experience to life and demonstrate why you are qualified for your aspiring role(s). After first finalizing the resume (usually takes 1-3 rounds of revision), I will craft your professional bio and LinkedIn content, with the entire process typically completed in less than 2 weeks.
The fee for the foundational resume service described above is $1,125. Deliverables include your strategically-positioned professional resume, corresponding professional bio, and keyword-optimized experience summary for your LinkedIn profile. All deliverables are provided in MS Word and PDF format.
Though most of my clients choose the foundational service as an entry point to our professional development coaching partnership, not everyone has the same needs. I appreciate that you are making a significant investment in yourself and your future and you want to make the best decision. I invite you to book a complementary, 20-minute Zoom meeting to meet and decide whether you’d like to move forward together. (From the OnceHub scheduling interface, select the 20-Minute Exploratory Session.)
I would love the opportunity to discuss your unique circumstances, determine how I can deliver the most value, and design a tailored engagement for you. To inquire by email, please contact me at email@example.com.
Need your materials sooner than the standard 2 weeks? Ask me about rush jobs, which I can often accommodate for an additional fee.
My Resume Writing + Career Coaching Qualifications
I am a professional development coach and strategic communications consultant with nearly three decades of communications experience in healthcare, technology and professional services industries. I help individuals and job seekers at every stage of the career journey to clarify and articulate their most marketable skills, strengths and capabilities and to adopt an intentional mindset that helps them attune to future success.
As a business owner and active professional consultant, I bring a diverse breadth of experience in business and marketing communications for global audiences across industries and at all levels of the organization including C-Suite. My broad business experience helps me understand what hiring managers are looking for, while my background in communications and marketing gives me the language and strategic approach to position your strengths for maximum impact:
- 28 years’ experience writing and marketing for pharmaceutical, technology and professional services industries, with 7 years as an advertising copywriter
- Broad industry communications experience including pharmaceutical, healthcare, technology, startups, finance, hospitality, packaged goods, transportation, building and construction, engineering and robotics, professional services and more
- Career experience interviewing subject matter experts at all levels, with the ability to understand details quickly and with little previous knowledge
- Ability to simplify complex clinical and technical information
- 5 years’ experience as a substantive editor for a national business and technology consulting organization
- Active communications consulting engagements in the private sector for Fortune 500 companies with clients at the executive level
- Participation in Fortune 500 global leadership team visioning and norming sessions and experience articulating mission, vision and values at this level
- Diverse professional roles as a consultant, employee, team lead, people manager, hiring manager and business owner
- 13 years partnering with and consulting for a global client base, including professionals who speak English as a second language
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and to get started.
Resume Updates for Existing Clients
My previous clients who are applying for a new position can request to update their resume, bio and LinkedIn with their current position for a fee of $165. We can usually handle these additions over the phone or email.
Interview Coaching and Career Coaching for Existing Clients
I also offer professional development career coaching, including interview coaching and preparation, interview talking points development and letter writing (e.g., cover letter, thank you letter and other interview correspondence). Generally speaking, the foundational resume service described above is a prerequisite for career coaching service add-ons, though there are exceptions.
Contact Me to Get Started
I look forward to learning more about your professional development needs and how I can help set you up for success. Book a complementary, 20-minute Zoom meeting now to get started or email me at email@example.com.
Last updated September 2023